Night Life Care Leader 20 hours per week
To effectively take responsibility for the running of the home on a shift basis, and to deputise in the absence of the Home Manager
- To assist in the completion of service users documentation in line with the regulatory framework of the care standards act
- To facilitate a unit within the care home as designated by the Home Manager taking full responsibility of the employee’s and service user documentation.
- To administer and handle Service Users medication in line with the Companies policy and procedures, ensuring adherence to the national standards and pharmaceutical guidelines.
- To ensure that all care practices within the home are maintained at the highest level at all times.
- To report to the home manager any incident/ activity which may affect the well being, safety or welfare of the service user.
- To carry out, support and assist any activity as designated by the Manager in a timely and effective manner devise.
- To assist with recruitment of the staff and and implement procedures to achieve appropriate levels of staff turnover.
- To implement staff Rotas in an effective and creative manner and monitor attendance.
- To support and assist service user’s to live as normal a life as possible, recognising that assistance should only be given when necessary.
- To ensure that the service user receives the highest of standards of care in respect of physical and personal needs in respect to bathing, dressing and assisting at meal times.
- To ensure that the aims and objectives of the home are met at all times and to undertake direct or indirect care to Service Users as part of a team, to assist in care plan delivery under the direction of the home manager.
- To supervise and support Care Assistant and other members of staff and act as a mentor.
- To assist, support and identify Care Assistants training and development needs.
- To assist in all aspects of personal care, toileting, dressing, eating, personal hygiene and intimate personal care.
- To ensure that any relevant documentation and reports i.e. Care Plans, diaries, health and safety, maintenance are
carried out during a working shift.
- To ensure that the highest quality of care is maintained at all times and to consistently display a courteous and helpful manner.
- To ensure that due regard is given to service users’ customs, values, culture, religious and spiritual beliefs, always acting in a facilitative manner that promotes the service users dignity, independence and choice.
- To assist with maintaining a safe and healthy environment, consistently demonstrating safe practice, both within the home and on occasions when escorting patients off site.
- To report any maintenance, health and safety issues to the home manager.
- It is the individual and collective responsibility of every member of staff to ensure adherence to the company’s equal opportunities policies. Racial, sexual or any other harassment or bullying will not be tolerated.
- It is the responsibility of every member of staff to ensure compliance with health and safety at work legislation.
- It is the personal responsibility of all staff to act in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and Safe Guarding of Vulnerable Adults (Sova).
- To undertake any other duties, that may arise from time to time.
Please click the button below to use our online enquiry form: