Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Good
Care Home in Canvey Island
Dementia Care in Canvey Island
Residential Care Home In Canvey Island
Your Care in Our Hands
Longview is a 70 bed home situated in a quiet residential area of Canvey Island, next to Longview Day Centre.This spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia and has been chosen by residents and their families as one of the Top 20 care homes in the East of England.
We strive to create a homely environment at Longview, and we provide all the comforts of good food, good company and friendly staff, in a calm and restful atmosphere. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, with en-suite bathroom facilities and the home has excellent amenities, including comfortable lounges in which residents can relax. In addition, we have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident's hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Longview are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part. These activities include;
- Art club
- Knitting club
- Chocolate tasting afternoons
For those residents who love pets, the home has budgies and tropical fish, and is soon to have a fish pond, dug by local schoolchildren in a testament to our strong links with the local community.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
My father is a resident here and has been since last August. He has been well cared for ever since day one. He always appears happy and content. We can sleep easy at night now knowing he is getting 24-hour care. We wouldn't recommend this place for anyone enough. All the staff are very dedicated and hard working.
John B (Son of Resident)
To contact Longview, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Little Gypps Road, Canvey Island, Essex, SS8 9HG.
Telephone: 01268 682906
Fax: 01268 510155
Where is Longview?
Why Choose Us?
- At Longview, our aim is to practise 'person centred' care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Longview? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!
Contact Longview to enquire about availability on 01268 682906
Share this page: