Care Home in Stevenage
Dementia Care in Stevenage
Residential Care Home In Stevenage
Your Care in Our Hands
Wisden Court is a purpose built 54 bedroom care home in Stevenage, Herfordshire. This light and spacious care home is comprised of five individual residential suites each with its own relaxing lounge area, dining room and fully equipped kitchenette. Wisden Court provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia.
We strive to create a homely environment at Wisden Court and we provide all the comforts of good food, good company and friendly staff, in a calm and restful atmosphere. The bedrooms are beautifully furnished with en-suite wetroom facilities and TV. The home also has excellent amenities, including comfortable lounges in which residents can relax. In addition we have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our Wellbeing Lead takes into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Wisden Court are varied and alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part. For those who enjoy the outdoors, there are also three enclosed garden areas all of which are easily accessible including wheel chair users; lovely areas to spend in the warmer months with visiting family and friends.
Wisden Court offers a wide range of facilities to residents which compliment your stay with us and make life that little bit easier for you. These consist of the following:
- Emergency Care staff call system in all rooms
- Public telephone
- Television points in all bedrooms and communal areas
- External smoking area for residents
- Dedicated Wellbeing Lead, responsible for activities and quality of life
- Hairdressing facilities
- Confectionery and newspapers
- Dental, optical and chiropody services
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
My mother has been staying at Wisdom Court for 2 weeks' respite. The carers and management are marvellous - very kind and patient with my mum who has Vascular Dementia. When my mum gets too ill for me to care for her, I will be putting her into Wisdom Court full-time.
Christine J (Daughter of Resident)
Gratitude to you all for the wonderful care and support you gave to both Mum and I during her time at Wisden Court. Being able to spend those final days with Mum were a precious gift that I will carry with me always. Without the compassion and understanding you all gave me I doubt I'd have coped. At such a difficult and heartbreaking time, I have drawn so much comfort from knowing that Mum died peacefully, pain-free and where she'd have wanted to be - in my arms. For all that, I can only say "Thank you" from the bottom of my broken heart.
Ann H (Daughter of Resident)
To contact Wisden Court, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Wisden Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 5JD.
Telephone: 01438 354933
Fax: 01438 369199
Where is Wisden Court?
Why Choose Us?
- At Wisden Court, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our Wellbeing Leads seeks out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Wisden Court? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!
Contact Wisden Court to enquire about availability on 01438 354933
Share this page: