Care Home in Harlow, Essex
Nursing care and residential dementia care home
Welcome to Alexandra House
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are able to safely welcome new residents. We can enable safe visiting, as well as virtual contact, in line with local guidelines and policies (one nominated person per resident only).
- Rest assured, our teams strive to best protect those we care for with lots of extra protective measures in place. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tours and video tours for those wishing to take a look around. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Alexandra House is a 106 bed home situated in its own beautiful grounds not far from the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow. This spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia or in need of general nursing.
We strive to create a relaxing environment at Alexandra House, and the home has its own library, reading lounges and relaxation areas. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, with en-suite bathroom facilities and wall mounted flat screen televisions. We also have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged, and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. Activities Include;
- Coffee Mornings
- Afternoon Film Sessions
- Baking Afternoons
- Bingo and Quizzes
In addition, Alexandra House has in-door gardens and two raised flower beds, as well as an aquarium and some birds for those residents who like animals and gardening.
We have a themed tea room at Alexandra House, designed to enable residents, families and friends to meet in a relaxing, old fashioned tea room environment, and enjoy a day out experience without leaving the home. For more information on the Tea Room at Alexandra House, please see the tab above.
Types of care offered at this home:
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
Mum spent approximately six weeks in the nursing home for end of life care. She was very well looked after by the staff who made her last days very comfortable.
Bill H (Son of Resident)
To contact Alexandra House, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Hamstel Road, Harlow, Essex, CM20 1BU.
Telephone: 01279 454521
Fax: 01279 415764
Where is Alexandra House?
The Alexandra House Tea Room has a vintage theme, chosen to appeal to the residents. The Cafe has a homely and welcoming environment, and our residents enjoy entertaining their family and friends in the cafe when they visit. In addition to entertaining visitors, our residents also enjoy regular coffee mornings in the cafe, as it provides the perfect place to socialise.
Why Choose Us?
- At Alexandra House, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Alexandra House? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!