Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Good
Care Home in Rochford, Essex
Residential dementia and residential care home
Welcome to Broomhills
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are safely welcoming new residents to our home and are enabling garden visits to enjoy quality time together (one nominated person per resident only as per current Government guidelines).
- In these developing times, rest assured, our teams receive ongoing training to continue to best protect those we care for. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tour and video tours for those wishing to take a look around our home. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Broomhills is a beautiful, 47 bedroom, residential care home situated in an idyllic rural setting in Rochford, Essex. This stunning and spacious care home in Rochford, with charming grounds, has recently undergone a programme of refurbishment and redecoration with new flooring and furnishings. Broomhills provides 24 hour expert care for older people, including those living with dementia. Rochford is a lovely market town and the coastal towns of Southend-on-Sea and Leigh-on-Sea are just down the road for a great day out.
We strive to create a homely environment at Broomhills care home, and we want our residents to not just think of us as ‘a’ home, but as their ‘home’. We have themed areas, including vintage motor memorabilia, sweet shop and cinema. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, many with en-suite bathroom facilities. We also have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged, and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. Activities include:
- Cycling Club
- Zumba Group
- Annual Dog Show
- Baking Club
- Gardening Club
- Knit and Natter Group
In addition, Rochford Cricket Club is just next door, with many rooms overlooking the regular matches that take place there.
We now have a themed tea room at Broomhills, designed to enable residents, families and friends to meet in a relaxing, old fashioned tea room environment, and enjoy a day out experience without leaving the Rochford care home. For more information on the Tea Room at Broomhills, please see the tab above.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
We placed mum into this care home with reluctance as we didn't want to let her go. She has vascular dementia and after visiting a few homes in our area this one stood above the rest. Mum has been treated with love, care and dignity. Every one of the staff are excellent. Always smiling, have time to reassure us, always friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We have no regrets about placing mum in this home where she is happy and well cared for.
Wendy T (Daughter of Resident)
To contact Broomhills, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Stambridge Road, Rochford, Essex, SS4 2AQ.
Telephone: 01702 542630
Fax: 01702 542553
Where is Broomhills?
Opened in august 2013 the Broomhills Tea Room has a country cottage theme, chosen by its residents. The cafe is on the first floor of the home, as this makes the room especially light and bright, enhancing the homely environment. Our residents enjoy entertaining their family in the café when they visit, with some residents making their loved ones tea and coffee as they would do at home, giving them a sense of value and empowerment. In addition to entertaining visitors, our resident's also enjoy regular coffee mornings in the cafe, and some days small groups have lunch there. The cafe is also used by families when a resident has a birthday and they throw a party.
Why Choose Us?
- At Broomhills, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Broomhills? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!