Care Home in Thurrock, Essex
Respite and short stays and residential dementia care home
Welcome to Carolyne House
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are safely welcoming new residents to our home and are enabling garden visits to enjoy quality time together (one nominated person per resident only as per current Government guidelines).
- In these developing times, rest assured, our teams receive ongoing training to continue to best protect those we care for. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tour and video tours for those wishing to take a look around our home. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Carolyne House is a 52 bed home situated in Thurrock, Essex. This spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia or in need of general nursing.
We strive to create a homely environment at Carolyne House, and offer extra services to residents such as hairdressing and chiropody. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, with en-suite bathroom facilities. We also have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged, and our activity coordinators take into account resident's hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Carolyne House are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part.
We now have a themed tea room at Carolyne House, designed to enable residents, families and friends to meet in a relaxing, old fashioned tea room environment, and enjoy a day out experience without leaving the home. For more information on the Tea Room at Carolyne House, please see the tab above.
Types of care offered at this home:
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
Liz F (Daughter of Resident)
To contact Carolyne House, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Waterson Road, Chadwell-St-Mary Grays, Thurrock, Essex, RM16 4LD.
Telephone: 01375 843756
Fax: 01375 843548
Where is Carolyne House?
The Carolyne House tea room is vintage themed, chosen to appeal to the residents. The cafe has a homely and welcoming environment, and our residents enjoy entertaining their family and friends when they visit. In addition to entertaining visitors, our residents also enjoy regular coffee mornings in the cafe, as it provides the perfect place to socialise.
Why Choose Us?
- At Carolyne House, our aim is to practise "person centred" care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Carolyne House? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!