Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Outstanding
Care Home in Westcliff on Sea, Essex
Respite and short stays and residential dementia care home
Welcome to Crowstone House
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are safely welcoming new residents to our home and are enabling garden visits to enjoy quality time together (one nominated person per resident only as per current Government guidelines).
- In these developing times, rest assured, our teams receive ongoing training to continue to best protect those we care for. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tour and video tours for those wishing to take a look around our home. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Crowstone House is a beautiful, CQC 'Outstanding', residential care home with 49 bedrooms, situated along the seafront in Westcliff-on-Sea, close to Chalkwell, Leigh-on-Sea and Southend-on-Sea, in the county of Essex. The view from the main lounge overlooks the Thames Estuary. Whether it is a beautiful, sunny day or wild and windy day, the view is always exceptional with families enjoying the beach and promenade as well as boats regularly passing by. This spacious care home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia and has been rated Outstanding consistently by the Care Quality Commission.
We strive to create a homely environment at Crowstone House in Westcliff, and the building has a lot of character, offering a home from home living environment for residents. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, with en-suite bathroom facilities. Although there are lifts, the staircase is magnificent, and sums up the splendour of Crowstone House. We also have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged, and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Crowstone House are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part.These activities include;
- Cookery club
- Gardening club
- Musical exercise
- Themed lunches
Crowstone House also has themed areas, such as the Snoozelum room, for residents to enjoy, and we take full advantage of our location, with trips to the beach, walks along the seafront and trips to the Cliffs Pavilion to enjoy theatre performances.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
My mother stayed in her wheelchair in the mini bus and I had a nice seat. I was impressed with the company vehicle, they hired it to take us to Alton Nurseries. Mum loved it. The trips are very therapeutic for her. She was able to go down memory lane with some purchases and a cafe shop. She also had some fresh air and shared in Christmas outside the care home. Our family rated the venue and organisation highly. I enjoyed escorting mum. Thank you.
Janet W (Daughter of Resident)
To contact Crowstone House, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Crowstone Avenue, Westcliff on Sea, Essex, SS0 8HT.
Telephone: 01702 436611
Fax: 01702 435107
Where is Crowstone House?
Life at Crowstone House
Our latest news
Why Choose Us?
- At Crowstone House, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
- Crowstone House celebrates Cultural Diversity. We live in a multicultural society and we are proud to recognise and respect the presence of all diverse groups, making us all culturally richer. Read more about celebrating cultural diversity by clicking here.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Crowstone House? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!