Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Good
Care Home in Langdon Hills, Essex
Residential dementia and residential care home
Welcome to Evelyn May House
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are able to safely welcome new residents. We can enable safe visiting, as well as virtual contact, in line with local guidelines and policies (one nominated person per resident only).
- Rest assured, our teams strive to best protect those we care for with lots of extra protective measures in place. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tours and video tours for those wishing to take a look around. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Evelyn May House is a 59 bed home situated in a quiet residential area in Langdon Hills, Essex. This spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia.
We strive to create a relaxing environment at Evelyn May House, and all of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, with en-suite bathroom facilities. The home has excellent amenities and a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Evelyn May House are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part. The courtyard garden also offers a safe environment in which to relax, whether to chat to friends and families, read the paper or do a crossword.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
I am so pleased with the care Mum has received at the home.She moved in October 2016 and is settling in so well. The staff, and that's everyone from management, carers, laundry and kitchen are so helpful and friendly. There is always something going on to keep the residents motivated.
S T (Daughter of Resident)
To contact Evelyn May House, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Florence Way, Langdon Hills, Essex, SS16 6AJ.
Telephone: 01268 418683
Fax: 01268 543952
Where is Evelyn May House?
Why Choose Us?
- At Evelyn May House, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Evelyn May House? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!