Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Outstanding
Care Home in Theydon Bois, Essex
Residential dementia and respite and short stays care home
Welcome to Frank Foster House
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are able to safely welcome new residents. We can enable safe visiting, as well as virtual contact, in line with local guidelines and policies (one nominated person per resident only).
- Rest assured, our teams strive to best protect those we care for with lots of extra protective measures in place. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tours and video tours for those wishing to take a look around. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Frank Foster House is a 80 bed home situated in the leafy village of Theydon Bois. This spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia and has been chosen by residents and their families as one of the Top 20 care homes in the East of England.
We strive to create a relaxing environment at Frank Foster House, and all of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, with en-suite bathroom facilities. The home has excellent amenities and a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment. We have special sensory areas, with sensory items on the walls to touch, listen and see, including a sea life scene on the first floor.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident's hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Frank Foster House are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part. In addition, Frank Foster have created a 21st Century room, with a computer for internet surfing and emails together with Wii games. We also have a small Chapel.
We now have a themed tea room at Frank Foster House, designed to enable residents, families and friends to meet in a relaxing, old fashioned tea room environment, and enjoy a day out experience without leaving the home. For more information on the Tea Room at Frank Foster, please see the tab above.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
Susie, Caroline and James
To contact Frank Foster House, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Loughton Lane, Theydon Bois, Essex, CM16 7LD.
Telephone: 01992 812525
Fax: 01992 814753
Where is Frank Foster House?
The Frank Foster's Tea Room has a vintage theme, specially chosen to appeal to the residents. The cafe has a homely and welcoming feel, and our residents enjoy entertaining their family and friends when they visit, with some residents making their loved ones tea and coffee as they would do at home, thus giving them a sense of empowerment. As well as entertaining visitors, our residents also enjoy regular coffee mornings in the cafe.
Why Choose Us?
- At Frank Foster House, our aim is to practise 'person centred' care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Frank Foster House? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!