Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Good
Care Home in Watford, Hertfordshire
Respite and short stays and residential dementia care home
Welcome to Greenbanks
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are able to safely welcome new residents. We can enable safe visiting, as well as virtual contact, in line with local guidelines and policies (one nominated person per resident only).
- Rest assured, our teams strive to best protect those we care for with lots of extra protective measures in place. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tours and video tours for those wishing to take a look around. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Greenbanks is a 66 bedroom modern, residential care home situated in the heart of the Watford community, in the county of Hertfordshire. This spacious Watford care home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia. Greenbanks is situated next to Victoria House Day Centre, also managed by Runwood Homes, offering activities and socialising opportunities for Runwood Homes residents and the wider community of Watford and neighbouring areas.
We strive to create a homely environment at our Watford care home, Greenbanks, and we provide all the comforts of good food, good company and friendly staff, in a calm and restful atmosphere. The bedrooms are beautifully furnished, with en-suite toilet facilities. Greenbanks residential care home in Watford also has excellent amenities, including comfortable lounges in which residents can relax. In addition we have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe and supportive environment. If you are searching for a dementia care home or a residential home for an elderly person in Watford or the surrounding areas, please visit us at Greenbanks.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Greenbanks care home are varied and alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits by taking part.
Greenbanks hosts a Watford community coffee morning every third Tuesday of the month, from 8.30am - 11.30am, to provide a socialising opportunity for our residents and for people in the surrounding areas to join us and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and some sweet treats. Why not come along and get to know our friendly care team and make some new friends? Visitors are very welcome to spend time in our home and get to know us all. Our home is your home.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
My Dad moved into Greenbanks in Nov 2015, he attended a day centre for several months and needed extra care & to be safe due to Alzheimer's, so we chose Greenbanks which is opposite the day centre. The staff are friendly and caring, the home is really open and you can visit at any time. Sadly my dad had to leave Greenbanks and go into hospital. We really miss the home and its friendly homely feel. I would recommend "Greenbanks".
Louise B (Daughter of Resident)
To contact Greenbanks, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Greenbank Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 4JR.
Telephone: 01923 255160
Fax: 01923 255170
Where is Greenbanks?
Why Choose Us?
- At Greenbanks, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Greenbanks? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience.
We look forward to welcoming you at Greenbanks.