Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Good
Care Home in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Residential dementia and residential care home
Welcome to Highview Lodge
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are safely welcoming new residents to our home and are enabling garden visits to enjoy quality time together (one nominated person per resident only as per current Government guidelines).
- In these developing times, rest assured, our teams receive ongoing training to continue to best protect those we care for. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tour and video tours for those wishing to take a look around our home. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Highview Lodge is a 77 bed home situated in the heart of the community in Hemel Hempstead. Located in a quiet residential area with nearby local shops and facilities, this spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia.
We strive to create a homely environment at Highview Lodge, and we provide all the comforts of good food, good company and friendly staff. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, some with en-suite bathroom facilities. The home has excellent amenities and a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment. In addition, the unique petite style dining rooms provide a friendly and enchanting environment for every meal time.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Highview are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part.
We now have a themed tea room at Highview, designed to enable residents, families and friends to meet in a relaxing, old fashioned tea room environment, and enjoy a day out experience without leaving the home. For more information on the Tea Room at Highview, please see the tab above.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
All the staff are always happy. This to me makes the home a very happy place for the residents to be and to feel safe.
Sophie U (Granddaughter of Resident)
To contact Highview Lodge, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Cherry Orchard, Gadebridge, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP1 3SD.
Telephone: 01442 239733
Fax: 01442 239154
Where is Highview Lodge?
On Wednesday 8th February Highview Lodge in Hemel Hempstead became the latest home to open a Life Café, yet another exciting Life event that is aiming to make a real difference for the residents of our homes. Already we are noticing a difference in the well being of those living with dementia at Highview Lodge as the Life Café is an oasis of clam or a sea of activity, a place to meet friends and family. Tracey Axten and Amy Dragon made the Life café a reality through their hard work and imagination! This café is for all of those living at Highview Lodge to go out for the day without leaving the building!
Why Choose Us?
- At Highview Lodge, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Highview Lodge? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!