Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Good
Care Home in Thurrock, Essex
Residential dementia and residential care home
Welcome to Leatherland Lodge
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are able to safely welcome new residents. We can enable safe visiting, as well as virtual contact, in line with local guidelines and policies (one nominated person per resident only).
- Rest assured, our teams strive to best protect those we care for with lots of extra protective measures in place. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tours and video tours for those wishing to take a look around. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Leatherland Lodge is a 48 bed, purpose built home situated in Thurrock, Essex. This spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia.
We strive to create a homely environment at Leatherland Lodge, and we provide all the comforts of good food, good company and friendly staff, in a calm and restful atmosphere. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, most with en-suite bathroom facilities and the home has excellent amenities, including comfortable lounges in which residents can relax. In addition, we have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. These activities include;
- Bingo and quizzes
- Pamper days
- Fine dining evenings
- Cooking sessions
The activities at Leatherland Lodge are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part.
We now have a themed tea room at Leatherland Lodge designed to enable residents, families and friends to meet in a relaxing, old fashioned tea room environment, and enjoy a day out experience without leaving the home. For more information on the Tea Room at Leatherland Lodge, please see the tab above.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
I visited my cousin this month and I was delighted to meet the new manager who was most supportive of the needs of my cousin who is almost 95 and has had a recent spell in the hospital which has upset her and has exacerbated her confusion. She is being well cared for and the staff are keeping me informed every step of the way which is a comfort to me because I live in Scotland.
Margaret H (Cousin of Resident)
To contact Leatherland Lodge , please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Darenth Lane, South Ockendon Grays, Thurrock, Essex, RM15 5LS.
Telephone: 01708 853059
Fax: 01708 854517
Where is Leatherland Lodge ?
Life at Leatherland Lodge
Our latest news
Leatherland Lodge's Tea Room has a vintage theme, designed to appeal to our residents. The Cafe has a homely and welcoming environment and our residents really enjoy entertaining family and friends here when they visit. Some residents even choose to make their loved ones tea and coffee, just as they would do at home, giving them a sense of responsility and reward to host for their guests. In addition to entertaining visitors, our residents also enjoy regular coffee mornings in the cafe, as it provides the perfect place to socialise.
Why Choose Us?
- At Leatherland Lodge, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Leatherland Lodge? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!