Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Good
Care Home in Norwich, Norfolk
Residential dementia and nursing care home
Welcome to The Mill House
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are able to safely welcome new residents. We can enable safe visiting, as well as virtual contact, in line with local guidelines and policies (one nominated person per resident only).
- Rest assured, our teams strive to best protect those we care for with lots of extra protective measures in place. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tours and video tours for those wishing to take a look around. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
The Mill House is a 45 bedroom care and nursing home in Norwich. This spacious Norwich residential care home is a beautifully converted and extended manor house and provides expert residential care and residential dementia care for older people, including those in need of general nursing.
We strive to create a homely environment at The Mill House care home in Norwich, and we provide all the comforts of good food, good company and friendly staff, in a calm and restful atmosphere. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished with en-suite bathrooms and TV, and the home has excellent amenities, including comfortable lounges in which residents can relax. In addition, we have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
At our Norwich care home, The Mill House, our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. Activities include;
- Pamper sessions
- Visits to local pub
- Coffee mornings
The activities at The Mill House are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part. For those who like the outdoors, there is a garden which the residents are free to relax in and enjoy.
Types of care offered at this home:
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
We found Mill House very welcoming. We were told we could visit any time of the day or night. We were allowed into their kitchen to make tea for mum or ourselves. They certainly had nothing to hide. The staff were very friendly and had my mother's care top of their list. She was always clean and cared for. I have nothing but praise. Sadly my mother passed away on the 26th of April but I feel she was so well cared for in her last two months.
S E (Daughter of Resident)
To contact The Mill House, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Mill Road, Horstead, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 7AT.
Telephone: 01603 737107
Fax: 01603 737436
Where is The Mill House?
Why Choose Us?
- At The Mill House, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at The Mill House? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!