Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Good
Care Home in Wickford, Essex
Residential dementia and residential care home
Welcome to The Grange
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are safely welcoming new residents to our home and are enabling garden visits to enjoy quality time together (one nominated person per resident only as per current Government guidelines).
- In these developing times, rest assured, our teams receive ongoing training to continue to best protect those we care for. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tour and video tours for those wishing to take a look around our home. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
The Grange is a 42 bed home situated in Wickford. This spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia. The Grange is only one mile from sister home, Silvanna Court in Rayleigh, where the Alzheimer's Society meet to discuss and support families all together.
We strive to create a homely environment at The Grange, and all of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, with en-suite bathroom facilities. The home has excellent amenities and a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our Wellbeing Lead takes into account resident's hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at The Grange are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part.
We have a light and spacious cafe at The Grange, designed to enable residents, families and friends to meet in a relaxing, environment and enjoy a different experience without having to leave the home.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
My grandma is very happy at this home. She has settled in very well due to the staff making her feel very welcome, and they have satisfied her every need, her clothes and bed sheets are washed regularly and she is bathed regularly. She has a lovely selection of food to choose from and the staff are always happy to help with anything. I'm there every day and I have been made to feel very welcome. Highly recommended.
Rach F (Granddaughter of Resident)
To contact The Grange, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
69 Southend Road, Wickford, Essex, SS11 8DX.
Telephone: 01268 766466
Fax: 01268 767130
Where is The Grange?
Life at The Grange
Our latest news
Why Choose Us?
- At The Grange, our aim is to practise 'person centred' care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our fantastic Wellbeing Lead seeks out and listens to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at The Grange? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!