Care Home in Cookstown, Co. Tyrone
Nursing dementia and nursing care home
Welcome to Weavers House
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are able to safely welcome new residents. We can enable safe visiting, as well as virtual contact, in line with local guidelines and policies (one nominated person per resident only).
- Rest assured, our teams strive to best protect those we care for with lots of extra protective measures in place. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tours and video tours for those wishing to take a look around. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service
Your Care in Our Hands
Weavers House is a 65 bed purpose built care home situated in Cookstown, overlooking the Sperrin Mountains. This spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia or in need of general nursing.
We strive to create a homely environment at Weavers House and we provide all the comforts of good food, good company and friendly staff, in a calm and restful atmosphere. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished with en-suite bathroom facilities and TV. The home also has excellent amenities, including comfortable lounges in which residents can relax. In addition we have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Weavers House are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part. Our in house LIFE Café also provides an additional area for relaxation and socialising.
Types of care offered at this home:
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
I think Weavers care home in Cookstown is bright, airy, clean, good food, and staff are very professional. They make their job look easy (which it's not) therefore creating a very related atmosphere. My mother is very well cared for.
Vernie S (Mother of Resident)
To contact Weavers House, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
20 Gallion Glen, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone, BT80 8EQ.
Telephone: 02886 767684
Fax: 02886 767934
Where is Weavers House?
Why Choose Us?
- At Weavers House, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Weavers House? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!