Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Good
Care Home in Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Respite and short stays and residential dementia care home
Welcome to Westwood
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are safely welcoming new residents to our home and are enabling garden visits to enjoy quality time together (one nominated person per resident only as per current Government guidelines).
- In these developing times, rest assured, our teams receive ongoing training to continue to best protect those we care for. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tour and video tours for those wishing to take a look around our home. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Westwood is a 79 bedroom residential care home situated in Worksop, in the Bassetlaw district of Nottinghamshire. This spacious home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia. The town of Worksop is in close proximity to Nottingham, Lincoln and Sheffield, making Westwood care home easy to reach if visiting from local or neighbouring towns and cities.
Westwood offers 24 hour expert residential care, residential dementia care and can provide elderly day care, short stay care and respite care for those requiring a short term care option for their loved one. Intermediate reablement care is also available at Westwood, helping people who are experiencing increased support needs to relearn the skills required to keep them safe and independent at home. An assessment with our professional care team ensures a bespoke care plan is developed for each individual that resides with us.
We are pleased to partner with local authorities and the NHS to offer referral placements at Westwood as well as welcoming residents who are self funded. Residents health and wellbeing and ensuring dignity for everyone is at the forefront of our care mission. Our friendly and compassionate team at Westwood provides companionship, assurances and support for its residents at all times.
We strive to create a homely environment at Westwood and we provide all the comforts of good food, good company and friendly staff, in a calm and restful atmosphere. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished with en-suite bathroom facilities and TV. The home also has excellent amenities, including comfortable lounges in which residents can relax. In addition we have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment. We welcome you to visit us at Westwood, to meet with our professional care staff and take a tour of our assisted living facility.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Westwood residential care home are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part. These activities include;
- Coffee mornings every Tuesday at 10.30am until midday
- Pamper days
- Games and Crafts
We have a themed tea room at Westwood, designed to enable residents, families and friends to meet in a relaxing, traditional tea room environment, and enjoy a day out experience without having to leave the comforts of home. For more information on the Tea Room at Westwood, please see the tab above.
Types of care offered at this home:
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
Starting from management down to carers and cleaning ladies, everyone is really pleasant and willing to help us. Always trying to please everyone helping them to join in all the activities available. Thank you so much.
Judith M (Daughter of Resident)
To contact Westwood, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Talbot Road, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2PG.
Telephone: 01909 533690
Fax: 01909 533691
Where is Westwood?
The Westwood Tea Room has a vintage theme, designed to appeal to residents. The cafe has a homely and welcoming environment and our residents enjoy entertaining their friends and family there when they come to visit, with some residents making tea and coffee for their loved ones just as they would do at home. In addition to entertaining visitors, our residents also enjoy regular coffee mornings in the cafe, as it is the perfect place to socialise.
Why Choose Us?
- At Westwood, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our friendly and highly trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Westwood? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience.
We look forward to welcoming you to Westwood soon.