Care Home in Orsett, Essex
Residential dementia and residential care home
Welcome to The Whitecroft
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are able to safely welcome new residents. We can enable safe visiting, as well as virtual contact, in line with local guidelines and policies (one nominated person per resident only).
- Rest assured, our teams strive to best protect those we care for with lots of extra protective measures in place. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tours and video tours for those wishing to take a look around. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
The Whitecroft is a 56 bedroom care home situated in Orsett, Essex. This spacious home is converted from a local landmark farmhouse and provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia.
We strive to create a homely environment at The Whitecroft and we provide all the comforts of good food, good company and friendly staff, in a calm and restful atmosphere. The bedrooms are beautifully furnished with en-suite bathroom facilities and TV. The home also has excellent amenities, including comfortable lounges in which residents can relax and a rear view of the surrounding countryside and fields. In addition we have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged and our activity coordinators take into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at The Whitecroft are varied and, alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part. In addition, for those who enjoy the outdoors The Whitecroft has a beautiful garden for residents to sit in or potter around doing some gardening. There are hothouse facilities for growing plants and The Whitecroft has been a winner in Runwood’s ‘Blooming Marvellous’ competitions.
We now have a themed tea room at The Whitecroft, designed to enable residents, families and friends to meet in a relaxing, old fashioned tea room environment, and enjoy a day out experience without leaving the home. For more information on the Tea Room at The Whitecroft, please see the tab above.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
Mum came to the home in February 2015; she settled in remarkably well. That was due to the care, kindness and support of all the staff at The Whitecroft. They put her at ease and were on hand to make her feel part of a family. Mum made many friends and joined in with all activities until she became too ill. The staff wanted to care for mum for end of life but she died before that could happen.
Karen W (Daughter of Resident)
To contact The Whitecroft, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
Stanford Road, Orsett, Essex, RM16 3JL.
Telephone: 01375 892850
Fax: 01375 892489
Where is The Whitecroft?
The Whitecroft Tea Room has a vintage theme, designed to appeal to the residents. The cafe has a homely and welcoming environment and our residents enjoy entertaining their friends and family there when they come to visit, with some residents making tea and coffee for their loved ones as they would do at home. In addition to entertaining visitors, our residents also enjoy regular coffee mornings in the cafe, as it is the perfect place to socialise.
Why Choose Us?
- At Whitecroft, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Whitecroft? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We hope to see you soon!