Very proud to be
Awarded CQC Outstanding
Care Home in Wymondham, Norfolk
Residential dementia and residential care home
Welcome to Windmill House
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are safely welcoming new residents to our home and are enabling garden visits to enjoy quality time together (one nominated person per resident only as per current Government guidelines).
- In these developing times, rest assured, our teams receive ongoing training to continue to best protect those we care for. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tour and video tours for those wishing to take a look around our home. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Windmill House is residential care home in Wymondham, Norfolk, with 57 private bedrooms, relaxing lounges and charming dining areas. This beautiful and spacious Norfolk care home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia, and is proudly rated 'Outstanding' by England's health and social care regulator, the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a comfortable, inspiring and homely environment at Windmill House. We provide all the comforts of good food and good company at Windmill House care home, and our friendly, supportive and professional care team are on hand for each resident within in a calm, peaceful and restful atmosphere. Our private bedrooms are beautifully furnished with en-suite bathroom facilities and a TV as standard.
WIndmill House dementia-friendly care home in Wymondham also has excellent amenities, including comfortable and sociable seating areas in which residents can relax, plus we have plenty of space for visitor, entertainers and any celebrations. In addition we have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
Our activity programme, organised by our exclusive, award winning, Activities Coordinator, ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged. As a team, we take into account resident’s backgrounds, hobbies, needs and interests. The activities at Windmill House are varied and we are proud of our excellent community connections. Alongside enjoying themselves, residents can receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits from taking part. For those who enjoy the outdoors, Windmill House has countryside surroundings and scenic gardens in which the residents can sit and relax, have a chat or read a book.
We'd encourage you to visit us to take a guided tour of our home and meet our friendly and supportive team who are so passionate about providing the best level of person centred care.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
Denise S (Daughter of Resident)
To contact Windmill House, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
14 Browick Road, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 0QW.
Telephone: 01953 607651
Fax: 01953 856132
Where is Windmill House?
Life at Windmill House
Our latest news
Why Choose Us?
- At Windmill House, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Our activity coordinators seek out and listen to residents who may have hobbies or pastimes, in addition to arranging a whole variety of activities and entertainment to stimulate all residents.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be an intimidating process, so why not come and visit us at Windmill House? We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions.
If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience. We are with you every step of the way and we look forward to welcoming you soon.