Covid-19 - Our visiting guidelines are changing (England-based only)
Information update as of 12 June 2020 (applying to England based homes only).
We understand how important it is for you to see your loved ones, and in turn we are fully aware of the positive impact of our residents seeing family and friends. As such, we are delighted that we are now looking to relax our visiting restrictions from drive through style visits to face to face visits in a very measured way and on a home-by-home basis. We still need to ensure that we are best protecting one another and would ask you to consider whether your visit is essential.
Here’s how we are preparing for visits in line with the latest Public Health England guidance:
- At each home, we are carrying out risk assessments and necessary screenings as part of the current new visiting protocol. For safety, visitors will go through a recorded screening process upon arrival.
- In each home, there will be an area or areas designated, outdoors and/or undercover, for safe visiting, which will be sanitised between arranged visiting sessions.
- Other visiting options still available are 1. A ‘drive through’ visit; to park in an allocated bay and stay in your car, or 2. To visit at a safe distance through an open door or window with the resident remaining inside.
- We are allowing up to two visitors for each resident, for a 30 minute period during afternoons - a prearranged time slot must be agreed by the home. In larger homes, there may be more than one resident visiting session occurring, if there is sufficient designated space available. Please note, children will not be able to visit yet.
- Social distancing guidelines to physically stay 2m apart, wherever possible, must be adhered to and we and will observe ‘shielding’ measures for residents who are extremely vulnerable.
- For garden visits, this is a PPE green zone, though PPE can be worn if preferred. For any undercover areas, face coverings are advised to be worn throughout.
- Staff will be monitoring visits to ensure safety and to be on hand for any assistance for the resident.
- Visitors must bring their own refreshments and cannot enter the home to use the toilet or any other facilities.
- Residents and staff are monitored daily for possible Covid-19 symptoms, and we entrust any visiting family member or friend to do the same. Do not visit if you or anyone you live with or have been in contact with is feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of the virus.
- End of life visits are granted in consultation with the manager and appropriate PPE is provided.
These are very new and developing times, so we would kindly ask that you be patient and support each of our homes as they prepare for visiting commencement at a time when it is safe. Visiting opportunities must be discussed and prearranged with management at the home in which your loved one resides.
To swiftly address any concerns you may have at any point, it is important that you speak with a member of the team directly at the home either by telephone or email.
Thank you to our incredible care teams, and thank you also for your support and kind understanding throughout these difficult times. We are looking forward to seeing your familiar faces again soon.
Take care and stay safe,
Please click below to use our online enquiry form: