Care Home in Halstead, Essex
Residential dementia and residential care home
Welcome to Blackthorns
Protecting and caring, now and always -
- We are safely welcoming new residents to our home and are enabling garden visits to enjoy quality time together (one nominated person per resident only as per current Government guidelines).
- In these developing times, rest assured, our teams receive ongoing training to continue to best protect those we care for. Plus, everyone in our home is regularly tested for coronavirus.
- We’re offering virtual tour and video tours for those wishing to take a look around our home. We’re at the other end of the phone for all enquiries and any questions that you might have about our service.
Your Care in Our Hands
Blackthorns care home is a 58 bed home situated in the rural village of Halstead in North Essex. This spacious, newly refurbished Halstead care home provides expert care for older people, including those living with dementia. Facilities available for the enjoyment of residents and their guests include a café, comfortable and sociable dining area, several beautiful lounges and a lounge diner, a salon, corridor snugs and several courtyard seating and gardening areas.
We strive to create a varied and enjoyable environment at Blackthorns, and carers listen carefully to what you would like to do to make the day pleasurable and memorable. All of the bedrooms are beautifully furnished, with 22 benefitting from en-suite bathroom facilities and we also have a dedicated area for dementia care, designed to enable those we care for to maintain their independence in a safe environment.
We take great pride in our activities, and our activities programme ensures that residents remain stimulated and engaged. Our Wellbeing Lead takes into account resident’s hobbies, needs and interests, to ensure that the programme includes and entertains everyone. In addition, Blackthorns has a secure courtyard, in which carers encourage outside activities, for those who love to be outdoors.
Why Choose Us?
Kind & Caring People
Personalised 24hr Care
Nutritious Food & Drink
Inspiring Dignity Campaign
Family-Run Est. 1988
What our clients have to say about us:
Juie R (Granddaughter of Resident)
To contact Blackthorns, please complete the form and we'll be in touch soon.
21/29 Dooley Road, Halstead, Essex, CO9 1JW.
Telephone: 01787 472170
Fax: 01787 476342
Where is Blackthorns?
Why Choose Us?
- At Blackthorns, our aim is to practise ‘person centred’ care for all our residents, and our trained staff are available 24 hours a day to meet your needs.
- We understand the value of individuality, so you will be able to personalise your accommodation with special familiar items you may wish to have around you, such as a favourite chair or pictures to go on the wall.
- We take pride in our activities programme, and you will have the option to join in organised activities if you wish to do so. Your hobbies or pastimes will be reignited or maintained, in addition to a whole variety of activities and entertainment to provide stimulation and fun.
- Mealtimes are, to many, the highlight of the day and all of our meals are made of fresh produce, prepared by our own chefs and catering teams. We undertake to provide a nutritious and balanced diet around your preferences; we like our residents to have a say in what they eat as they did at home.
Choosing a care home can be a delicate process, and Runwood Homes are here to support you in your search. Why not come and visit us at Blackthorns, take a look around and meet our caring team. We wish to understand everything that is important to you, so on your visit we will discuss your needs and how best we can meet them, as well as giving you the opportunity to look around and ask questions. If you are unable to visit, we will arrange for a staff member to call on you at your home or other place of your choosing at your convenience.
We look forward to welcoming you to Blackthorns soon.